Fuquay-VarinaQuick Facts About the Town of Fuquay-Varina
- The towns Fuquay Springs and Varina merged into one town called Fuquay-Varina in 1963
- Fuquay-Varina is very unique since it has 2 downtown districts separated by railroad tracks.
- The town was a tourist attraction at the start of the 20th century due to the mineral spring. The water was thought to cure ailments.
- The town initially grew due to the tobacco trade and agriculture but has since grown due to real estate development due to its proximity to Research Triangle Park.
- The town has 12 parks which provides a lot of outdoor opportunities
- Wake Technical Community College (the largest in the state) is only about 10 minutes from downtown.
- Fuquay-Vaina’s population as of 2023: 36,736
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.